Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Wintersky, mythology and Satin Taupe


This for Kerry Marie who wanted a swatch to see the similarities/differences between these 3 colours.

Personally I love Satin taupe its perfect for a smoky eye with any lighter shade as a base. I then would probably favour mythology over wintersky, but they are 2 totally different colours. Wintersky is how limited edition so you may want to pick it up while you can!!

Left to right they are Wintersky, Mythology and Satin Taupe.

Wintersky is a veluxe pearl colour, it is a very frosty pale pink.

Mythology is a lustre shadow in a coppery colour with peachy/orangey tones to it.

Satin Taupe is a frost shadow in a beautiful bronzey brownish colour.
Let me know which you go for!

5 comments:

Lived With Love said...

thankyou so much! i already have satin taupe in my smokey eye palette, i don't think it would work with wintersky though and i don't think mythology would work with wintersky either, what do you think? Thankyou so much!

mizzworthy said...

I have mythology ands it's lovely. I think satin taupe and wintersky could work quite well, but I'm not sure about whether the textures might go - if stin taupe is more matte than wintersky it might not work too well xxx

Av said...

No I think they are 3 quite separate eyeshadows and dont think they would work well together but individually they are all lovely and work very well with other colours.

Clara said...

Wow mythology looks lovely! I can't believe I've not come across it before, this is definitely going on my shopping list, thanks Av x

Av said...

I saw on lollipop's blog or yt (not sure which) where she used rubenesque paint pot with mythology on top of it and it looked fab - so have to try that out next!