Saturday, January 10, 2009

A little pampering!!!


Hi all, treated myself to a manicure today. My hands and nails were in a bit of a state. My hands are quite dry as they are in and out of water all day! My nails are normally quite strong and grow quite quickly but during the week two broke and then Peeled - yuck!! I am terrible I don't really look after my nails at all I polish them but thats about it. So I went in today to my favourite salon and had a full manicure.
Normally when I get them painted I go for a french polish but this only ever lasts a day or two, so I decided to go with a colour. They use opi colours and I had heard great things about Lincon Park After Dark so I went for this - it is a really dark almost black colour. I love it! I got the girl to take my nails down quite short and I always think dark polish looks really good on short nails.

After I have a manicure I always think - right I am going to keep my nails looking this good, I am going to file, use oil and generally keep them looking great - this sentiment never lasts long. I must look up how to do a manicure at home on youtube......

I explained to her my problems with not leaving enough time to let my nails dry and always ending up with smudgy nails and she recommended a topcoat called 'Out the door' she couldn't remember who it was made by but she told me it was fab and that you could literally be out the door with dry nails in 60 seconds and that it gives a lovely shine to the varnish. So here's another thing to hunt down - will be googling that!!

The beautician had acrylic nails on and they looked great. I had both gel nails and acrylic on a couple of times before and I love how they look and that your nails and hands always look so well but I hate the upkeep, the expense and the state your real nails get into afterwards!! I am tempted tho.....

6 comments:

. said...

Love the nail polish, I'm really into dark nails lately but I'm still getting my nails into good condition before I show them off.
Just thought I'd let you know that since your comment about Weight Watchers I have been having a really good think, it seems so silly as I tried it for a week before when my mum was on it & lost half a stone but I stopped, I don't even know why!
But I had a look on the website & there's a free 2 week trial which I have signed up to, I tracked my points today & went a little over but I'm going to do it properly tomorrow.
I'm really doing it :)
Wish me luck, thank you for the advice & well done with your success!

Laura said...

Ooo lovely colour! I was going to buy this but decided to wait until I'm more secure money wise!

I would say no to the acryilcs, purely because I'm about to get mine taken off for the reasons you mention, upkeep, cost and damage to condition of natural nails.

Your nails look fab, even if you're not looking after them religiously...it doesn't show, you lucky thing!

I'm going to get mine taken off next weekend, have them taken down quite short, use a strengthener base coat and paint them dark...big step!!!

x x x

Av said...

Hi Suzie, that's great about ww hope it works for you I always found it kind of addictive once you get into it. I must go back Christmas has been a disaster. Will subscribe to your weight loss blog to see your progress and to cheer you on xx

Anonymous said...

Love the dark nail polish..now all you need is the wee cc logo's! :D
xXx

Muhsine Emin said...

Love this, it looks very classy. I think I have to paint mine dark next!!

Alexis said...

Love your nailpolish! I've been trying to grow my nails out for the last 1,5 months, using oil and all the good stuff. But I guess my nails aren't strong enough and 2 broke last week :-( so I had to cut the rest shorter and decided to get acrylics again, probably next week. It's just a lot easier and I won't have to worry about breaking my nails again :-)