Saturday, January 10, 2009

New York, New York!!!


So I'm off to New York on the 22nd January for 4 nights - just me and my hubby. We haven't been away at all since our baby was born last May so this is a trip we've been planning and looking forward to for ages. I will be heartbroken leaving baba and I feel so guilty (mothers guilt) but we need some 'us' time!!!!

So I cannot wait!!! I've been a couple of times before (we actually got engaged there many moons ago!!) I have been on the net non-stop looking up various shops and have been mentally compiling my shopping list. I have been saving (or trying to) for ages so I hope to have a good blow out and find lots of bargains in the shops.

We have been to the outlets before (Woodbury common) so I think this time we're going to give this a miss, it takes a full day out of your trip and I think you can get just as good value in the department stores!!

Believe it or not I am more excited about getting to the drugstores like walgreens and cvs and buying the brands like milani, nyx and covergirl that you can't get here than I am about hitting mac!


Here's my wish list so far:

  1. Some milani eyeshadows (meant to be great dupes for mac)


  2. Some covergirl mascaras


  3. nyx round lipsticks


  4. victoria secret pj's and underwear ( I loooooove this shop, could live in it!)


  5. a couple of opi nailvarnishes


  6. clothes in forever 21

I can't wait to get to Sephora and have a really good rummage around think i'll have to deposit my husband in a bar and tell I'll come back for him!!!

Of course I have sussed out a mac pro store and will be paying a visit, I especially want to get some empty palettes for eyeshadows and blusher and I also want to check out the blonde, brunette, redhead collection ( wonder if Hello Kitty will be out there then?)

I will of course be browsing (possibly buying) some handbags and purses - my other love apart from makeup.

Am also seriously considering buying some ugg boots - my husband says i'm too old for them and I'd look ridiculous! I just think they are soooo comfy and that they would be brilliant to wear around the house and with tracksuits (he tells me to get slippers!!) Let me know what you think - is 31 too old for uggs???!!!

12 comments:

Muhsine Emin said...

wowwww - lucky you, thats fantastic! Me & my husband wanted to go too but times are hard at the moment.. hope you have lots of fun and remember you blogger pals. :)

Olivia said...

:O you can never be too old for UGGS my mom wears them and she is 45 lol. OO i wish i was going can't wait to see your haul when you come back :)

Anonymous said...

You are Sooo lucky! :) xXx

Laura said...

Jealous again Av!!! Take me with you?! Hehe! I have to say I'm not a fan of Uggs, but I'm sure you're not too old for them if you want them...only as old as you feel and all that :) You'll have some great hauls for us when you get back, I bet you are so excited!!!

Unknown said...

lucky yooouuu!! wow ive just been looking at the mac pro store newyork online....amazing!! xx

*Rosie* said...

Hello!! New York - lucky lucky you- have a brilliant time!! I agree, MAC you can get in the UK but we can't get the brands you mention- and I LOVE Victorias Secret! x

M said...

you're never to old for a pair of ugg boots....i bought my mom a pair for christmas and she's 52!! I say go for it!! Hope you have a great trip!

AllieMarie said...

have fun! i'm always in the city, i take the train in which takes about 30 mins because i have family in manhattan =] and your definately not too old for uggs! make sure you check out the mac pro store, and sephora!

luckymirai said...

first of all, thank you for being my first follower! I am so excited when I opened my page and saw your lovely face. I will never forget you as my first follower.

Now about your trip to New York, I'm so envying you because it's one of my dream city to visit in the future. My plan to see New York became stronger also because of the hit show Sex and the City. There's a SATC tour and I would love to experience it someday.

About the UGG boots..OMG ! ignore your husband because you can never be too old to have a pair of a comfortable boots.I own one and I will post pic on my blog.I think it's fashionable ! I would love a VS sleeping wear too and how exciting it is to shop at Sephora.
Like you I love purses and I can't wait to see your haul when you come back.I'm so excited for you.
Oh! you might also get the chance to bump to Lady Gaga ( one of my new favourite singer and I'm a big fan ).She is a New Yorker.LOL.

Have a safe trip !

x

P.S. I also just gave birth last May. he will be 8 months old tom.

amyyy said...

oooh have a great time, slightly jealous tbh :)

Kelly said...

Oh that is so cool - You will enjoy yourself!! Hope you have lots of pennys. I have neve been before.

Unknown said...

Ur a lucky girl Av! I know what you mean about going to the drugstores, even with the same brands that we have here they tend to have better products in the states.

Make you sure you've found a big sephora, the 2 i went to in houston were just "normal" size, came out with nothin!

HK isn't out till Feb so we'll just have to wait lol. Laura =)