Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Mac and Nars goodies!

I had a couple of things to exchange in mac yesterday so I felt like I was getting stuff for free!!!
I had a good look at the Dame Edna collection - all that i've read here about the face highlighters are sooooo true. All the shimmer was gone and only a bland face powder was left so needless to say I gave those a miss. I looked at the two eyeshadow trios and opted for the Royal Tour it had 3 brand new colours for me, while the other one wisteria had a silver and a black very similiar to colours I have already. I am wearing these today along with my lilac barry m dazzledust and I likey - will post photos later!


I also had a good look at the lipglosses. The only one that caught my eye was hot frost but I thought it might be too bright pinky for me. I decided to take a chance with it though as I always regret not buying things when I go home and dream about them until I get the chance to buy them!! I tried it on once I bought it and it actually is a lovely colour and adds a nice colour just on its own - so result!!
I also picked up mythology eyeshadow - I saw a blog of lollipop26 wearing this just with rubenesque paint pot (which I already have) and it looked lovely for a daytime colour so I'll have to try this combination out now! ***** WILL POST SWATCHES LATER

Finally in mac I got my long wished for 109 brush, I intend to use this for applying my foundation (currently the mufe hd foundation). I saw fafinettex rave about this on youtube! At the moment I vary between using my 187 and my fingers to apply my foundation so I'll fill you in on how I get on with this!
I told you about my experiences at the Nars counter - so here is my measly eyeshadow Night Fairy - should be a nice colour!


I also bought this little notebook and pen in Accessorize reduced to £1.50. As you know I love making lists, so I thought I could write down all the tips and recommendations I'm learning from all you lovelies and keep it in my bag - just in case I happen to pop into mac or any chemist and need to feed my makeup habit!!!

2 comments:

Olivia said...

ooo woow you'll have to tell me how the collection is for you :).

Kerry said...

That notebook is so cute.