Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Home and broke!!!

Hi girls,
I made it home from New York yesterday and I had an absolute blast. The weather was cold the first day or two and then it was freeeezzzzzing! But I didn't really feel the cold where I was - in the shops!!!

I asked my hubbie to take this photo for my blog - so I was thinking of you girls as I shopped in CVS!!!! Just spotted my notebook in hand - how sad am I!!!!


This blogging business has done me no good at all - as my shopping list was growing by the day with each blog that I read before I went. I think I brought home enough makeup and products to keep a small country looking good for at least a year!!

My camera is out of battery and I can't find the charger- probably still tucked up in a suitcase!! So I will give you a quick run down of some of the things I bought and will try to photograph them and upload them tommorrow. I can't wait to try out my new goodies and share my views with you all!!!

Some non-makeup shopping first:
  • A tiffany charm bracelet - my Mam gave me dollars for Christmas so I thought it would be nice to actually have something good to show for my pressie. Also my hubbie can add to it by buying me charms for birthdays, anniversaries etc.... (hope your reading this Mr. C)

  • 2 pairs of jeans, one 7 for all mankind and a rock and republic pair - bought in Century 21 at huge knock down prices!!!

  • A cool new pair of sunglasses - all we need is the sun!!

  • Not one but two guess bags - well they were so cheap it would be rude not to!!

  • Victoria Secret Underwear - I just love this shop and no I won't be posting pictures - nobody wants to see that!-shirt

  • Some funky vests, t-shirts and jewellery in Forever 21 - its a bit like a cheaper version of River Island!!

I also hit China town - am not sure how you all feel about buying fake goods but I don't mind. I do have a few genuine designer bags so I don't feel too guilty about buying the fakies! I got a Marc Jacobs Stam and a huge Louis Vuitton I would loooove these bags but my poor teachers wages would never stretch that far so now I have the next best thing!!!

Makeup Goodies:

  • I hit cvs and got some brilliant Essense of Beauty brushes

  • Milani eyeshadow quads - they were buy one get one half price

  • Milani blushers and sunset duo

  • 2 opi nailvarnishes - I cant believe they sell these in drugstores and are sooo cheap compared to home!

  • 2 covergirl mascaras that Lisasz09 did a review of on youtube so will be doing my own little review here when I get a chance to try them out for a week or two!
The Mac Haul:
I got my Mac Pro card about 2 weeks before I left so I was only too thrilled to use my 40% discount (yes its 40% in the US!!)

I actually didnt make it down to the pro store, as I had bought so much makeup already I decided there was only so much makeup a girl could use and if I went to the pro store I knew I couldnt resist!! See I can be good!!!


So this is what I got:

  • Empty eyeshadow palettes

  • Empty blush palettes

  • Blonde and Redhead msf

  • the 3 new bbr brushes

  • 8 of the 9 new eyeshadows - I didn't go for the Henna as I'm not into green and I already have Sumptuous Olive and have actually never used it!

  • Fresco Rose paint pot

  • 3 blushers in pan form - pinch o peach, dollymix and ....... am not sure (not a new blusher I just cant remember!!)

  • Some pan shadows - will list them with photos tomm

  • Brush cleaner

  • Fix +

  • 128 small eyeshadow brush


That's all I can think of for now- its enough!!! Will post a proper list of the makeup I got with photos tomm. when i'm thinking straight!

9 comments:

Laura said...

WELCOME HOME!!! Yay, I have been eagerly awaiting this post, can't wait for the piccies too, and love the pic of you :) Good old notebook, hehe!

You must have spent a LOT of money, but you certainly got some goodies :)

x x x

Unknown said...

wow looks like u had soooo much fun..ill be taking a notebook too to vegas...were a bunch of addicts seriously!!! also thanks for the tip of 40% off mac in usa..fab tip xxxx

Emma said...

Wow!!! Sounds like you had an amazing time - looking forward to seeing more pics!xx

Av said...

@Laura yep I did spend a lot but I had been saving for a while and will be on beans and toast now for a few weeks!!!

Unknown said...

HEY! I need more detail and pics. You must tell us how to get that MAC PRO Card. I need one ;) XXX

mizzworthy said...

YAY! You are back... been looking forward to seeing your stuffies lol. How did you get a PRO card?

Av said...

@Gabriela & Mizzworthy, I did a makeup artistry and beginners beauticians part-time evening course at my local beauty school a few years back with the intent of doing some part time work in the area. I had some business cards done up but really only worked on friends of friends and family members. I was looking on the mac pro website at the requirements and rooted out my cert from the course and remembered my business cards long ago stassed away I sent them off thinking they might be a bit out of date but I would chance it. I thought no more about it until my mac pro card came in the post about 3 wks ago!!! I literally danced around it, kissing it!!!

Muhsine Emin said...

wow 40% thats amazing, we are so getting ripped off in the UK! Cant wait for ur reveiws! x

kimberley said...

Ahh im so jelous!! Cant wait to see everything:) My notebook goes everywhere with me too lol
xx