Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Mac palettes

I was asked by Retrospeck_Glamourcheck to show what eyeshadows were in my quad. I decided to do a post showing all the shadows I have. I have 2 palettes of shadows some of which date back years as you will see from the state of them - I have hit pan on quite a few!! Most of them were before the days of palette form so they were ones that I depotted a long time ago and didn't make a note of colours. so I actually have quite a few shadows that I don't know the names of!!!!

This is my quad and the colours in it change regularly depending on what type of look Im going for. I find that it is brilliant for travelling as I can just bring my fav shadows without hauling around a full palette or 2!!

At the moment I just depotted the 2 shadows I got from the chill collection, wintersky and arctic grey and added 2 other colours that I can mix and match with those - print and dazzlelight.

This was my very first palette and I depotted all my old shadows into it. It's a real mish mash of random colours!!! Some of the shadows I don't even have names for!!!



Last year I started a new palette and made a real effort to try to slowly build up a nice neutral palette as I generally play it safe with colours and head for the more neutral muted tones. I think I have achieved that but I still am constantly changing them around and swapping them in and out!!

This is what I use to label my shadows and to keep the shadow from getting everywhere. It is just a sheet of acetate that I have cut to size and placed 3/4" labels onto it for the names of the shadows.
It just sits perfectly on top of the shadows so I now know which one is which!!!

10 comments:

J said...

Nice collection xx

Alex said...

I love your labeling trick with the acetate!

Laura said...

Ooo how lovely...damn girl I'm getting more and more jealous!

Oh, posted your Flash Balm today :)

x x x

Clara said...

Great post, i love looking what other people have in their palettes! I am slightly obsessed by mine, I just yesterday depotted 18 shadows and finished filling my palettes! Can't wait to cash in the empties!
x
ps i'm going to have to get myself some of that acetate!

AllieMarie said...

awesome! thanks so much!! you've got some goregous colors! i have two palettes as of now almost full. i really like the way you label them too! =D <3

Olivia said...

I have 5 mac eyeshadows at the moment, but i hope to be stealing a few of yours ;).
Love this collection sweetie :)

Emma said...

Hello!

Lovely collection. I see you have some of the chill shadows - what do you think of them? I got Apres Ski and Mont Black and I can't fault them

M.A.C up said...

that quad has some beautiful colors in it. is that how you bought it or did you put those colors in it? if so whats that pallet called?

Av said...

@ Emmajane I like the chill eyeshadows have no probs with them I like to pick up the limited editions!!
@M.A.C.up I just bought an empty quad and I change the shadows around every day or so depending on what colours I want to wear and I use it for travelling - very handy easier to cart around than a big palette!

Anonymous said...

I want to make my own pallette too, but have to wait to I have more eyeshadows from MAC i think! :p