Hey all, had a fab day shopping today! Managed to stick mainly to my list with a couple of small additions but had a few disappointments too!!
First off I went to La Senza and yah they had the Lola & Coco pj's I was after for half price so I mix and matched 2 tops for £5 each and 2 bottoms for £7.50 each, I also picked up a gorgeous pair of pink fluffy slippers for £5 so I'm now all set for cozydom!! So Laura you better get down quick and snap up those pj's! At the till in La Senza I picked up a nail varnish in a nice reddish brown colour (pictured below) so will post pics of it on when I get around to it. I also got an eye glitter pot (see photo below) in a bronzey colour called "All that glitters" - wonder where they got that name!! They were both only £2 so a bit of a bargain!
Next I headed to House of Fraser and I practically ran to the Nars counter - major disappointment here (despite the awful lack of service - I waited about 10 mins!) Once I did get served they had nothing I wanted!!! TOTAL DISASTER!!!
First off they had no Sabrina Lipbalm they had just sold the last one - Kerry I am blaming you I see on your blog you managed to get one, lol!!!!! They had no Strada eyeshadow and no angelika blusher!! At a last ditch attempt I asked about the 8 colour eyeshadow palette that lollipop26 is raving about and guess what... they had none left!! I did buy a shadow called fairy light but I reallllly wanted strada to go with it to do a nice purpley look!!! Dam dam dam.
First off they had no Sabrina Lipbalm they had just sold the last one - Kerry I am blaming you I see on your blog you managed to get one, lol!!!!! They had no Strada eyeshadow and no angelika blusher!! At a last ditch attempt I asked about the 8 colour eyeshadow palette that lollipop26 is raving about and guess what... they had none left!! I did buy a shadow called fairy light but I reallllly wanted strada to go with it to do a nice purpley look!!! Dam dam dam.
I Headed off to Superdrug to cheer myself up!! Unfortunately the 3 for 2 offer on the Barry M dazzledusts wasn't on but as I don't have a superdrug near me I picked up 3! A bronze, tan and a lilac (for my purpley look). I swatched these and think they are fab colours. I have 2 mac pigments but they are soooooo expensive €24 and I hardly ever use them, so I think these Barry M ones are a much better buy for something you don't use everyday!! The only problem is i'm not really sure how to use them. Do I just pack the colour on or should I wet them first any tips!!!
tan, bronze, lilac dazzledusts
Barry m dazzldusts - top to bottom - tan, bronze, lilac
I also got 2 pairs of NYC eyelashes and gosh lipstick in darling. I saw the lovely Holly and Hele wearing this lipstick and thought it looked fab, and they also said these lashes are only £1.99 so bargain!!! All I need now is a night out to wear them - think they might be wasted on my eight month old baby around the house!!
I also picked up a spray that is supposed to make your nails touch dry in 60 seconds. It was only £2.85 so I said i'd give it a try! You see, I haven't got the time or the patience to sit around and wait for my nails to dry so they always always always end up smudged and in a mess even when I get them done by the professionals - maybe i'm just a clutz!!! So anyway, i'll give this a whirl and see how I get on! I also picked up this vanilla and ginger candle in superdrug at the till it smells gorgeous and was only 49p - i'm a shopkeepers dream this is why they put stuff at the tills I can't resist!
I went to H&M to check out the sale I managed to buy a coat for £30 that I had tried on a few weeks ago and loved but didn't buy so I was thrilled to pick it up for less than half price. I then somehow ended up browsing down at their makeup! I normally don't really buy what I call cheapish makeup not that I'm a makeup snob but I just dont think its much good and that I would rather buy something from mac that I love rather than bits and pieces of rubbish that I will never use. But today I was in the mood for bargains!! I picked up 2 nail varnishes and I have to say I love them they were only £2.99 each and although they need 2 coats for me thats normal!
H&M polishes Meet me in the dark, midnight passion and la senza femme fatal
Today for the first time ever I brought my new mac makeup bag with me - I never normally reapply makeup so don't carry makeup with me. I did today and have to admit I only reapplied my lipstick and lipgloss but I do intend to start carrying a makeup bag and using it! On this note I bought 2 small brushes and a mirror for my makeupbag in h&m. The brushes are just ok quality (nothing compared to mac but not the worst I've had). One is for bronzer or powder in general and the other is an eyeshadow brush. What I like is that they are small enough to fit in my bag. In h&m I also picked up a liquid liner in a glittery black. I am totally useless at applying eyeliner and almost never have the time - its a step in my makeup routine I just skip if I am pushed for time. I am getting more into it as I do think it makes your eyes really stand out more, plus I have the new mac penultimate liner I'm just finding it hard to do straight lines so I think i'll practise on this cheaper one and save my mac one until i'm a pro!!
I did go to mac but will photograph and put up my post along with my measly nars shadow tomorrow!!

15 comments:
Good shopping! It's true those lashes are fab... they say self adhesive although I didn't quite trust that and glued them on anyway! Hope you like Darling too, it is one of my favourite lipsticks ever!xx
P.S Shame about the NARS! I always find they are poorly stocked, I can never get everything I want. Me and Holly went to a counter in Nottingham recently and they hardly had anything we wanted. Best bet is to order online!x
Nice shopping :) Thanks for the heads up about the PJ's honey :) x x x
I have the barry m in tan its a gorgeous colour!and i lovee that h&m nail polish
xx
you have settles it. im going to start buying the barry m pigments :)
Hi Hele, the problem is that Nars wont post outside the uk and i'm in Ireland major bummer. Only 2 shops in Ireland stock nars so its sooooo frustrating when you make the effort to go and they have nothing you want!!!
Apologies for the NARS Sabrina :) The assistnt was encouraging me to buy Mata Hari but she showed me the tester of Angelika and its so much more prettier. Pics dont do it justice. As for the Dazzle Dusts, I wore tan yesterday as an all over lid colour using a dry brush, I just patted it on my lid.
P.s I'll be headed back to NARS soon enough to get the rest of my want list. I'll let you know how well they're stocked.
Hi Kerry, thanks that'd be great if you could let me know. The girl told me they were expecting a delivery of Nars soon. Had a look on the web last night and you can buy that eyeshadow palette on the nars.co.uk website! It's £37! Unfortunatley they only deliver to the UK!!!! Think i'll try ebay!!
Good shopping there... I'd love some NARS, but it does seem very expensive to me... I'll have to save my pennies to get some I think! The Barry M dazzledusts are really good. They are quite versatile too - you can apply them wet or dry. I recommend doing your foundation afterward due to risk of fall out though... They have such a great range of colours and are dirt cheap xx
Hey Av, nice haul. Have you had a chance to try that spray for drying nail polish? I spied it the other day and wasn't sure about it. Laura x
I just ordered the NARS Palette. I hope it arrives fairly quickly. I'll probably be in shopping within the next week
OMG How exciting! Really pleased you messaged me and I've found your blog, its great!
NARS in HoF Belfast is a mare for stock, they simply mustn't order enough, I have been twice in December to pick up Laguna Bronzer and its been surprise surprise out of stock!
Barry M Pigments rock, I tend to use a homemade mixing medium, one cap of glycerin (about £1 in any chemist), 3 caps water shook up in a bottle, and foil the pigments onto the eyes, makes them really vibrant. Dry does the job too but keeps everything more subtle xo
Oh and I meant to say you do know that you can also get NARS in the Space NK in Belfast, their selection isn't bad tbh, and their site says "If you would like any additional information about deliveries to the UK and Channel Islands or any information about International deliveries please contact our customer services team at customerservices@spacenk.com or on +44 (0) 20 8740 2085. xo
My NARS is just like that! They seriously have NOTHING there, I just go to swatch and play with things and then I buy what I want online, although recently alot of blushes have been out of stock on the website for months now.
Post a Comment