Thursday, February 26, 2009

Holly & Helen's contest!!

Holly and Hele's contest entry:




Scarlett - what were you thinking with those black eyebrows!!!


This was wayyyy harder than I thought! It took me at least an hour to come up with this look and I'm still not thrilled with it but then me and scarlett - not exactly in the same league! You just gotta work with what you were given!!



On my face:
I started with mac prep and prime.

Then, mac strobe cream to create a dewy base. I mixed some more of this with my foundation, mac studio sculpt in nc25 plus concealer in nc20!

I used some benefit Powderflage under my eyes as scarlett has no black circles to camoflage unlike me!!!
Next I wenk bezerk with prestige pure shimmer highlighter basically putting it all over my face!

Next was mac emote blush to contour.

Then on the cheeks I started with msf in blonde then petticoat but none of these had that pinky cheek look so I settled on a touch of stark naked on the apples of my cheeks like scarlett.




On my eyes:

I started with mac rubenesque paint pot all over my lid and under my lower lash line.


Then I applied amber lights all over the lid and in the inner corners and dragged a bit under my lower lash line.

Then I applied some naked lunch up to the brow for just a hint of colour.

I lost the plot with mac smoulder kohl in black, lining my upper and lower waterline, my lids and about 2/3 of my lower lash line.
Next it was shiseido mascara base on top and bottom lashes then a couple of coats of covergirl volume exact.

Eyebrows - boot polish!!! Only joking just some more mac smoulder eye kohl!! Why scarlett???

On my lips:
I lined them with The body shop clover pink lip pencil.

Then I used mac syrup, then Viva glam v - hard to get a good match!!!

And just for good measure - a beauty spot penciled in!!!

7 comments:

. said...

Really pretty look Strobe cream is now creeping it's way into my wishlist... Don't supposed you could do a review? :D

J said...

You look really pretty xx

Unknown said...

pretty look :) you did really well, i found it difficult too though. i tried the whole black eyebrow thing but i had to rub it off cos i looked too ridiculous! haha!

Holly said...

Lovely Av!!thanks for entering!xx

Muhsine Emin said...

great job!

Alexandra said...

Very pretty!

Unknown said...

I love it! Look great on you.