Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Budget Hair Highlights

My nephew's girlfriend is training in hairdressing at the moment and asked me would I be her model for classes tonight. To say I was a little bit aprehensive is an understatement. But to be honest my hair needed doing and in these hard times the idea of getting it done at under half the price I normally pay was too good to pass up!


To my delight I was treated like royalty and got great expert advice colourwise from the top stylist. I told her i wanted more caramel, honey tones in my hair and to get away from the brassy blonde tones. They use Redken colours and I just can't believe the shine she managed to get from my hair - it has literally never had a real shine to it, as any of you with blonde hair will know its almost impossible to get a good shine!


I am so happy with the results I actually think that I am going to start going to this salon as my current salon is very expensive and I feel that they have gotten over familiar with me and that i don't get the same advice or time to discuss my needs. They just whack on the same colour that I always get and it sometimes feels like I'm on a conveyor belt and when you are forking out over 100 euro for the privelidge you want to get what your paying for. Ok rant over!!!! I think you get the message - I love my new hair colour!








17 comments:

kimberley said...

That colour is gorgeous. It makes your eyes look super blue! wish i could go blonde:(:(
xx

Jesse said...

You look absolutely stunning, if I ever go blonde I would want it that color :)

Emma said...

You look fantastic, and what a bargain! I know what you mean by what you said about going to the same stylist all the time...after a few years they kind of take you for granted and stop trying so hard to impress. Saying that, I haven't been as lucky as you in finding a suitable replacement!xx

Laura said...

Looks gorgeous :) I wish I knew someone like that, I really need my hair doing, and now can't really afford it :S x x x

M said...

Beautiful colour!!! Its the perfect blonde : )

Muhsine Emin said...

ur hair looks amazing!!!

mk said...

Stunning!! SO shiny! This hair looks great on you! truly

Av said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments girls x

Unknown said...

hey hun loove your hair...anyways i used my pro card to order pan shadows..and i rang 08700342676..they shut at 6pm!! xx

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks stunning Av! xxx

Bella said...

Thanks ! And I am enjoying yours as well.. your hair looks fabulous! -Bella xo

Genabee6 said...

Love the color, it's beautiful!

Amy V said...

your hair looks fantastic... i swear i always got the best haircuts from my friends in beauty school.

Lived With Love said...

thanks for following my new blog :)

Liz said...

very pretty :0) you look like patsy Kensit great colour on you

Kelly said...

Your hair looks fantastic:)

Shortiee31 said...

Your hair looks stunning :) x