Sunday, February 1, 2009

Face of the Day

I watched a video this morning by makeup geek, for the look she used 3 shadows from the Blonde, brunette, redhead collection. As I have these 3 shadows I decided to give it a go! It was quite an easy look to do and it was one she got off the mac website - something I would never think of doing!It's the blow dry look and her video can be seen here - http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=LyR5PdUrwuU


The three colous I used were 100 strokes, french cuff and flip pictured left to right above.

On my eyes:

  • I started with painterly paint all over my lid right up to the brow.
  • Then I packed on 100 strokes the darkest colour all over my lid using a 239 brush.
  • Next I used french cuff on the crease with my new 226 brush (so far I love it).
  • Then I applied flip from crease to brow and it really is a lovely hightlight colour. I applied this using a 224 brush and I also used this brush to blend all 3 colours.
  • Then I went back with the 100 strokes and the frecnch cuff and applied more of both.
  • Then I lined my eyes with urban decay 24/7 eyeliner in Bourbon and did a line on my waterline.
  • Finally I curled my lashes (my new thing) and applied 2 coats of covergirl lash volume mascara.

On my Face:

  • I applied my usual primer, concealer, foundation, powder, bronzer and fix+.
  • Then I applied Minralised blush in Gentle on the apples of my cheeks with a 187 brush.
  • I applied the Redhead Msf in a c-shape as a highlight.

On my Lips:

  • On my lips I decided to try out a new product I bought in Victoria Secret called Very Voluptuous Lip Plumper. This came in three colours Hot pink, baby pink and clear. I bought baby pink.

I love the applicatior, its like the touche eclat by ysl you just twist and the gloss goes from the pen into the brush head.

It is a lovely pinkish gloss and it kind of tingles after a few minutes when you are wearing it, which I always think is a good sign that a product is working!! I really like it!!

4 comments:

kimberley said...

Im in LOVE with those colours! theyre so pretty
xx

M said...

Looks great on you!!!! Its such a easy but beautiful look isn't it :)

Kelly said...

Another great look!! we share the same surname!!!

Kerry said...

Out of the shadows i want 100 strokes and french cuff x