Monday, February 23, 2009

6 Things that make me happy!!

Thanks Saskia for the Tag was thrilled to see my name there!!!


Forgive me in advance if this post makes you reach for a bucket, I do get a bit sentimental at times and reading it back I am a bit gushing but I'm just being honest my family are what genuinely makes me happy!!!!
  1. Without a shadow of a doubt in the whole world the thing that makes me happiest is my son Donovan. He is growing up so fast and becoming a really independent little man. Every day he makes me laugh as he crawls around and attempts to stand on his wobbly legs!! He is the most curious little fella and always has his nose in everything!! I never actually imagined I could love another living thing quite as much as I love him and it amazes me!!!





  2. My husband. Put simply I don't know how he puts up with me!!!! I met Donnach when I was 20 and have really just grown up with him. We were together almost 7 years before we got engaged and have now been married for almost 4!! It's funny because after all that time you would think feelings would change and people would grow apart but in fact over time the opposite has happened - I feel the same if not more now than I did then!




  3. The Sun (not the tacky newspaper). As I was born in July I blame that for my love of Summer and the sun. I really do think I suffer from SADS as I only feel alive and vibrant in the Summertime.

  4. Travelling. I love visiting new places and this brings me so much hapiness. I get excited just packing my suitcase and hitting the dutyfree nevermind actually getting there!!! I love the excitement of exploring a new place (especially if its sunny!!). I'm only on the plane home and I'm already dreaming up my next place to visit.






  5. Going out. I love nothing more than getting glammed up taking my time getting ready and having a glass or 2 of bubbly (cava i'm afraid!!) and hitting the tiles!!! I'm not much of a dancer and don't really do nightclubs but I love going to our local pubs and checking out the fashion and enjoying a few drinks. I also love going to see a band or to a concert. My favourite night out would be a nice meal with friends, followed by cocktails in a late disco bar. Unfortunately though since no.1 has come along the frequency of my outings has been somewhat curtailed but it just means when I do go our I appreciate it all the more!!!





  6. My family. I am at my happiest when I am surrounded by my immediate family, ie my son, hubby and my parents, my brothers my sister and their kids. I love a good family occasion when we all get together!!! I am especially close to my parents and think I would be completely lost without them. I actually appreciate them more now that I have my own son, I can now understand and get a better insight into just how much they must love me!!

11 comments:

Lived With Love said...

awhh your son is so cute! It looks like you have a lovely little life! hehe xxx

Unknown said...

You have such a beautiful family! And I love the name Donavon! I may copy you!hah
<3333
I am just Jealous!

Muhsine Emin said...

ur son is adorable :) i want to squish his cheeks! x

Emma - Eating Diamonds said...

Awww, fantastic post Av, love it.

I met my boyfriend when I was 20 and we've grown up together too - and like you I think we've grown together, not apart as come couples do. We have such a shared sense of history now after nearly 9 years... so many memories... good and bad - I feel like we're almost one person (in a good way, I'm very independent, don't get me wrong)

We didn't live together for 4 years of being together and it will be at least 10 years together before we get married... when you know you've got your whole life what's the rush?

Your son is adorable
xx

J said...

Cute baby alert :) You look beautiful in all your dresses x

hotwaterbottle27 said...

Your wee boy is soo cute! I love your wedding bouquet, I had orchids as well! Lovely post!

Jesse said...

Your son is adorable, and your gorgeous :)

Angmbee said...

your son is adorable! I love the pumpkin picture! You have such a cute family!

Av said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments I felt nervous putting up such personal pics but am glad now I shared them with you all x

LoveLipstickandLime said...

Family is the most important. I feel the same about my parents, my kids and the hubby, wouldn't trade them for the world! Congratulations on your many blessing.
By the way, thank you so much for being my first and only follower on my brand new blog. It took forever before I hit the publish post button, almost chickened out. I still can't believe I made a post. Your support is much appreciated...yay! ..... Nadia

Kelly said...

What lovely photos Av - thankyou for sharing them with us:).