Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Top 5 Makeup Brushes








My Top 5 Brushes!!!!





Here's a collection of my top 5 makeup brushes, these are the ones I use everyday and the ones I could not live without. Some are from Mac and some are not!





Mac 187







My first choice is the Mac 187 I have recently re-bought this brush. I had one for around 4 years and I really did not take care of it and there was no resurrecting it no matter how I tried to clean it or reshape it. I think I was too rough in using it and neglected to clean it properly. So eventually I gave in and bought a new one. Its only now that I realise how rubbish my old one was!! I use this brush to apply my foundation and would love another one (maybe a holiday sized one) for msf's and blusher






this is the old one see how the white bristles have all clumped together...yuck!

this is the new one lovely and fluffy - just the way I intend to keep it!!!



My 2nd brush is one from Marks and Spencer Autograph is it simply an eyeshadow brush. I have the Mac but I actually find that this one from M&S is bigger and allows me to apply and pack on more product and better colour faster so on this occassion the cheaper version wins out yay!!


this is the m&s brush on top and the mac 239 on the bottom




My next brush is by Chanel and its their Kabuki brush. I got this when I went through a phase of using Chanel Bronze universal and i applied it with this brush. Its good and does the job for me. I apply my powder with this and I spritz it with fix+ after I have applied my powder. Sometimes I also apply my foundation with it (only recently discovered on a Kim Kardashin you tube video - its good, you should try it).





Chanel kabuki brush



My next brush is Mac 219. I love this brush and use it every day to apply a little bit of eyeshadow under my lower lash line. I also sometimes use it to do my outer crease a darker colour or even to smudge my eyeliner!! Great and multi-functional!!!





Mac 219



The last brush I have selected is also by Mac and I have only recently started using it, its the 224. This brush is quite large for the eye area, but I love it for applying a darker colour on the outer eye and for blending it in. I also sometimes use it with no product on it and simply blend my shadow/crease line with it!!!


Mac 224




These are the brushes I love at the minute I'm sure it will change as I get more mac brushes, cant wait to get my 109 and 150 - and try them out to see if they can knock any of these off the top spot!!!





Whats your favourite brush? Maybe you could do a blog on your top 5 brushes!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got two brushes from M&S and love them! : ) xx