Today I was in Dublin! My sis in law put our names in a competition to win a photographic session to get a family portrait done and guess what - we won! We headed down to Dublin(about an hour away) and made a day of it. We took in some shopping (of course) and went for lunch beforehand.
Me looking longingly at the Louis Vuitton display....
My major delima was what to wear but an even bigger dilema was what makeup to wear!!!! Decisions, decisions!! I've always loved loved loved makeup but am only really getting into it in a big (ie obsessive) way now. So as I'm still fairly new to the makeup thing and a little bit scared of colour I didn't want to go for anything too dramatic in case I got it wrong - imagine looking at scary makeup in photos years from now!! Here's the look I went with....
- I used my make up for ever concealer palette in no 1 to cover my redness, bags under eyes and blemishes.
- Then I used my mufe Hd foundation (sample pot I'd been saving for the occasion).
- On top of that I put my Mac nc25 powder all over.
- Then Contoured with Mac emote.
- Petticoat msf on cheeks, as blusher.
- Prestige Shimmer to highlight.
- Fix+ all over my face to set it (top tip from makeup geek - youtube!)
- Urban decay primer potion all over lid and under eye
- I used Mac All that glitters eyeshadow all over my lid and lower lash line.
- Mac Bronze eyeshadow in the crease and Dark Devotion (smoky eye holiday 2008 palette)in the outer corners.
- I lined with urban decay 24/7 in zero.
- Lashings of mascara, Max factor Masterpiece Max - my old reliable!
**** I had also just been in Brown Thomas (dept store) and tried out Nars Angelica on my cheeks, thankfully they were out of stock as I have no money - but i'll be back to buy it, its fab!!!!
The photoshoot went very well, baba behaved well (for about 20 mins anyway). I think we will have some nice photos, cant wait to see them!!

1 comments:
So whats Dublin like? Would really like to go.
Post a Comment