Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Aveda and Redken Rockin combination!

So I washed my hair this morning and decided to try out two Aveda samples that I got with my new paddle brush. They are both from the dry remedy line. One was a moisturizing shampoo (with buriti oil) and the other was a moisturizing masque.



Firstly the smell of these are amazing. I had a set of Aveda body lotion and scrub from the caribbean collection which I got as a gift from my bf when I was pregnant last Christmas. They were gorgeous too. The smell really reminds me of holidays for some reason all tropical and fruity. This was the first time I have ventured away from my normal hair routine of Kerastase shampoo and conditioner and the results were amazing! Now I am quite cynical and am not totally convinced yet - are the products really amazing or was it just because I changed from my normal routine. I find you always get great results when you try a new shampoo but your hair seems to get used to it! So I will have to keep trying these (as long as the samples last!) It would make me look into Aveda hair products and I may consider buying them in the future.




I also used another new product today which could also have added to my beautiful tresses today. It is Redken Outshine 01. I applied two pumps to my hair whist damp, dried it using my new paddle brush - which I love. Then I applied another small amount (a small pump) to my hair when dry to smooth down any fizz. Normally I would have to straighten my hair as it simply would not lie flat at all and on leaving the house within 5 mins it would be a frizzball. Today, however I didnt touch the straightners and my hair had more body and stayed straightish all day. I actually prefer this more natural look than the poker straight look of the straightners. Less damaging to my hair too. So I think I have found a new hair routine!!


The paddle brush I bought in Aveda is gorgeous and made drying my hair straight so much easier. I didn't really use the large round brush as I'm not really sure what exactly to do with it - will have to consult youtube again!!


Anyone got any experience of using Aveda or Redken products? Anything else amazing I should be using.... let me know xx


0 comments: