
I returned to my chi silk infusion and then Biosilk but I don't find the results great at all. I have to be so light handed or after a day my hair was greasy and very unkempt looking at the back!!
On Friday I had a revelation a true light-bulb moment. I was thinking back to what I used on my hair around the time I was getting married, as my hair was in tip top condition as I gave it so much tlc!! I remembered a product I used religiously and one that I loved! Revlon Equave.
I went to sallys with the Revlon Equave 2 phase green bottle in mind. This is a leave in liquid conditioner with two parts that you shake together and spray all over your hair. I love the smell of this, its fresh and summery and has a grapefruit smell (says grape and green tea on the bottle tho!) I always used this on holidays too, I would spray my hair before hitting the beach and either tie it up or cover with a scarf and in the evening wash it out and style my hair as normal - it always made a huge differnce to me and I never suffered from discolouration or parched hair in the sun.
Anyhow on Friday I couldn't find my beloved green bottle in Sally's but I did spy a purple version called "perfect blonde conditioner". The jargon says "It detangles,repairs and moisturises the capillary fiber, leaving it shiny and silky. Its active illuminating ingredients neutralixe the yellowish tone of blonde, bleached highlighted or gray hair." It was around €10 so works out at about half the price of the kerestaste for me!
I tried it on my hair this morning and the results are truly fantastic! I remember why I loved this product so much all those years back and can't quite believe I neglected it for so long!
My hair was silky smooth and tangle free all day, even when I was out all afternoon in a fair breeze! I have just washed my hair for a second time today (after exercise, not normally this ocd about hair!) and once again my hair is like silk! My hair does have a tendancy to go straw like if I over-style it or if I've been out in the elements but this product seems to be working its magic!
Next time your in Sally's check it out. They also have shampoos and conditioners in the same Revlon Equave range, so I may have to go back and try those. If you don't have blonde hair then definately try the green one and they also have a special orange version for hair exposed to sun so that will be a holiday essential for me!

2 comments:
Definately want to try that! Gliss do a really nice 2 phase leave in conditioner which i love! xo
Oooh I need to try that now! Great blog. You should check out my posts, I have a few great products for blonde hair. Swing by and say hi sometime x
Post a Comment