Friday, May 15, 2009

First Holy Communion

Tomorrow my little niece Abigail is making her First Holy Communion! This has turned into a huge deal in Ireland with people trying to outdo each other with dresses, cakes, entertainment and even invitations! Thankfully we have a very small family and we like to keep these occassions immediate family only! So tomorrow we will all attend the mass - where she is doing a reading (will be such an awwwwhhh moment!) and then we are heading for a family dinner to a nice hotel.


My delima is this, I have the dress and the cardi (its lashing rain and cold here today so assuming cardi will be essential!!) but I have no bag and no shoes! I refuse to buy a bag and shoes especially for the occassion as I could sell shoes to Imelda Marcos!! I just need some help deciding what colour, style etc to go for! Any ideas on bags, shoes and indeed jewellery would be much appreciated!

I will take plenty of photos tomm of my final ensemble and maybe even one of the young lady herself in all her (mini-bridal) glory!!!!

12 comments:

Liz said...

Navy or tan shoes or shoe boots, plain non fussey bag of any color that is in the dress, if its not raining then colorful wedges :D
I love that dress btw - your gonna look stunning

x

Liz said...

oooh and jewelly, loooking at the dress I would go for gold colored accessories, bangles and drop beaded earings in a bright pink/ turq/ or yellow would really go
xx

Natalia said...

I am very bad at accessorizing and think gold sandals go with just about everything! I've finally managed to follow your blog, before it never let me!x

Anne-Marie said...

wow fab dress! dunno what you have in the wardrobe but it should be easy enough to get something to match - plenty of colours in it!

Anne-Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle Sorrells said...

If it were me... I'd go for gold shoes and gold bangles... keep it kinda simple, but pretty.

Steph said...

That is such a stunning dress! I hope you dont mind me asking where its from!?
Im with Natalia, gold is my failsafe for accessories. You'll look gorgeous!
x

Av said...

@Steph I got it from a small boutique in my town, its by Orion London - not expensive at all (70euro) try to google it i'm sure loads of other places must stock this brand! Hope this helps!

Av said...

Going now to dig out some gold shoes - I also have a brown and gold pair I might have to try. Thanks for the help. May post pics of the shoes later!!!

Tali said...

I seriously love the cardi. Navy shoes would be ideal with that but then again.. if you wear a nice necklace..noone will look down!

Muhsine Emin said...

so cute :) opt for plain accessories xx

The Beauty Slice UK Beauty Blog said...

love the dress!! xxx