Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bob Dylan - I'm converted!!

Last night we went to see Bob Dylan in concert in the O2 arena in Dublin. My husband is a HUGE Dylan fan and I am not! I got him these tickets as part of his Christmas present so he has been really looking forward to it for ages & ages. I am not a fan of Dylan - the main reason being that my Husband goes through phases of listening to nothing but Dylan for about a week and to me his music is just so moany and down, there is nothing uplifting at all about it. He just strikes me as a miserable git!! Don't strike me down just yet for being a complete philistine!!!

Last night completely changed my mind! His concert was actually quite good!! Don't get me wrong I will not now be going around sporting his t-shirt or buying his albums (we have them all anyway!!) but I think I just won't mind so much when his music is on. He played last night with his band and they rocked, literally rocked. His music seems to have taken a recent enough turn to the uplifting side and this is a welcome change in my books. I probably only knew about 4 or 5 of the 20 or so songs he played last night, like Blowing in the wind, Highway 61, Like a rolling stone, and All along the watchtower! I have to say I went with an open mind and was pleasantly surprised. At least now I can say i've seen a legend and he wasn't half bad!


He is still a miserable git though - he never uttered one word, but sure hey, thats Dylan!!!

1 comments:

Genabee6 said...

Glad you had a good time. I would love to go see Bob Dylan in concert!