
I had a sneak preview of the Illamasqua range in Dublin a couple of weeks ago, where I picked up a cream foundation inCF215. I actually went in to buy the rich foundation as Mizzworthy and Saskia the salsa fairy spoke so highly of it but the girl assured me that it would be far too heavy for me and hard to work with if you have oily skin (I do!) so I was happy enough to go for the cream foundation. I have been trying this out and loving it. I have actually worn it everyday since I got it and for me that is praise indeed as normally I swap my foundations on a near daily basis.
Anyway on to the makeover or should I say makeunder! I felt like I was meeting pod from the show Snog, marry, avoid, as the girl told me I did not need so much foundation and that I was probably applying too much (says she with her face caked in the stuff!!!) Anyhow I was probably her worst nightmare as I wanted her to do a fairly basic everyday look and I am always convinced that these makeup girls want to experiment with splashes of colour and drama! I just feel that if I am going to buy these products and actually get use out of them I am better off buying wearable colours. I mean there is no point in her working her magic with a rainbow of colours because I have to go be happy to recreate the look everyday. I did promise her that I will return and give her free reign to let her imagination and colour palette run wild - lashes the lot!!!
I really enjoyed the lesson and the makeup artist was really easy to talk to and really built up my confidence in applying my makeup especially my eyes and my buffing technique (or lack of!!). I did feel under a bit of pressure as she did one side and I had to do the other side each step of the way! Here I am in action filling in my eyebrows:



The finished look was quite simple and really is what I asked for an everday look, she did show me how to deepen the eye colour to add a bit of drama to change this look into a night time look!
Here's what she used:
- Matt Primer (along my t-zone)
- Satin primer (on rest of face)
- Cream foundation in cf215
- Undereye concealer in uc210
- concealer in cc210
On the eyes:
- Slink all over and as a highlight
- Trollop (what a name) a gorgeous coral colour in the crease
- Bronx in the outter v
- Tango to deepen the look for night time
- Sorceress eye pencil to line eyes
- Eye brow cake in Motto
Cheeks:
- Rude cream blush
lips:
- Rude cream blush with clear gloss
What I bought:
- Sirens bronzing duo in glint and burnished
- small powder brush (works like a mac 109)
- rude blusher
- matt primer
I loved how the satin primer made my skin look so dewy but she recommended I go for the Matt primer as I complained of my makeup sliding off my face throughout the day.
Rude is the most gorgeous cheek colour. I always use a powder blush but I love this cream one and love how versatile it is, it can be used on lips and eyes too!
The brushes are all to die for. I got the small powder brush that I use to buff in my foundation it can be used in the same way as the mac 109 but I prefer this as there is zero shedding!! I will definately be building up a collection of illamasqua brushes as they are gorgeous, just so soft!
I have yet to try the bronzer duo from the sirens collection. I went for the lighter of the two bronzers called glint & burnished. There is a highligher on one side and a bronzer on the other!
That's it from me, my illamasqua experience was a very positive one and I appreciated that the makeup artist did exactly what I asked for and didn't push me into doing an ott look! I was happy with the goodies I bought and will definately be buying more! I can see a new obsession starting already. Oh dear watch out......

6 comments:
omg i want rude like so so badly :)
love whats on your lipsxx
I love the cream foundation too! I do like the rich one, but only for nights out really... it is a little bit too heavy. The cream one and light liquid are my everyday ones. I also have three of the cream blushers and I love using them on lips too... I've even used them in tiny amounts on the eyes as a base and I use my cream blush in "lies" as a highlighter... I have a couple of brushes (eye shadow, blending brush one and the eyebrow brush... I'm def going to be getting more though - the powder brush is lovely too...) I'm so glad you had a lovely time there! You look lovely too xxx
WOW you look lovely :). You are very lucky!!
@Holly its the rude cream blusher! she mixed it on the back of her hand with some clear gloss! I love it!!!
Thats such a great idea.x
Post a Comment