There has been so much talk here and on twitter of people growing hair, getting it cut, getting extensions etc etc... I have literally been growing my hair forever. I started looking tonight at pictures of my hair to do a hair history but honesty in every one for the last 4 or 5 years my hair is exactly the same no longer!! I feel like I have been growing my hair forever!
It probably started in earnest when I was getting married! About 18 months before the wedding I started growing my hair! I was still getting it trimmed regularly but it never got past shoulder lenght and I still ended up having to get a hair piece to create the desired style on my wedding day!!
For anyone out there who is growing their hair (and I know there are lots of us) we know how frustrating it can be! I have never in my life had long hair, I had a bob with a fringe for my whole childhood and since then it has changed in colour but very little in style.
As I am getting older now and I realised this is my last chance to have long hair as in my opinion women over a certain age look daft with long hair, this is my last ditch attempt.
Here's my plan, it is a two pronged approach:
Firstly I am going to start taking perfectil - a supplement for healthy hair, skin and nails. I did take this for a couple of months leading up to my wedding and it had fabulous results for my nails and skin too I suppose but for my hair was nothing major! I am willing to try it again though!!
The second thing I will try is something I have read rave reviews of this on TalluluhBellas blog (check her blog out it full of brilliant tips!!). It's a Lee Stafford mask called "For hair that wont grow past a certain lenght" sounds like it was made for me. My only problem is getting my hands on it. I have tried my local boots and they don't stock it and neither does the one in the next town, so the search continues!! When I find it I plan to use it with every wash.
So when I having long flowing locks (by the Summer - do you think???) I will then post a hair history showing you the years of my bob!!!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Miracle Hair Growth!!!
Posted by Av at 2:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
my hair grows super fast and if I could give it to you, I would! It's gotten to the point of where I really want to cut it, but I love my long hair!
I'm eager to see if the Perfectil works.
Hi Av,
Think you saw this on my blog - happy if you want me to try and get some of this for you and send it on!!
Just DM me on twitter :)
@TalluluhBella, I am so sorry for forgetting your name I searched through the ones I'm following and just couldn't find your post which is odd cos I love you blog!! Thanks for your offer but I have one or two more places to try! There's 3 for 2 on Lee Stafford goodies at the mo, so want to pick up the night patrol you also mentioned and the dry shampoo! Am going in now to edit my post to give you a mention, sorry again!!!
No problem!! Let me know if you have troble getting it :)
Post a Comment