Hi all,
Last night I had my first ever session of botox!!! And best of all it was free! My best friend's sis is a G.P. and she does botox twice a week at two different venues - kind of as a sideline. My hubby printed up her business cards and letterheads and as he wouldn't accept payment she offered him a free session of botox. Knowing me so well he declined but nominated me for it instead. Yay!!!
Now botox is always something I would have considered anyway but maybe not until I was around 35 but when this opportunity came up I just thought why not!!! I am 31 years old, 32 in July and I probably didn't really need it just yet but it is amazing when you look at yourself critically up close that the lines are there and the wrinkles are beginning to form so why not nip them in the bud now before they take over my whole face!

I have to admit I was very nervous getting it done even though I knew I was in very safe hands as she has had well over 500 clinets. It just felt a bit weird and I kept thinking why am I injecting poison into me unnecessarily!!!
Regarding pain, yes it hurt! Of course it wasn't the most plesant thing i've ever done but it wasn't that sore that I wanted to shout Ouch!!! I was injected about 12 times. She asked me first of all to look in a mirror and raise my eyebrows to access what I wanted to achieve! I told her I wanted the frozen forehead look - I mean why go through all that to still have movement! I also have major frown lines between my eyebrows so the majority of it went here. She also injected both sides of my eyes to get rid of the beginnings of crows feet. She injected my forehead and also gave me a slight raise to my eyebrows!!!
There was minor blood spots at the time of injecting and I have one tiny bruise about the size of a freckle on my forehead so all in all not too bad! She told me it will be Friday before I see any results and up to 3 weeks for it to take full effect. She reckons my wrinkles will never be as bad and that in 6 months I could go for more - I'll wait and see though!!
So I took some before photos, but I'll wait untill it kicks in to post the before and after shots to show you the results. All in all I am happy I did it as I really would try anything once and it is something I had wanted to do. I will reserve judgement though until I see the finished product!
She also does fillers..... that kind of scares me though "Trout pout anyone..."

7 comments:
Ohhh, you are so lucky! i want botox!!
I am dying to see the pics!! im so scared but i want it so much!!
ooo cant wait for the rsults :)
looking forward to seeing the before and after shots!
Good for you! I'm looking forward to doing mine but I'm scared. I just finished IPL treatments today and I am so glad I did it even though I look scary right now. Chemical peels & botox, fillers here I come! My poor credit card.
Argh I could never have that done, needles everywhere! My bf has already told me he never wants me to have it, he's not a fan of the frozen forehead or the unmoving face! I watch Loose Women and Denise on there has had fillers, I think they look great! I think they were in her cheeks to plump out the lines. x
Good for you, I am over my fear of needles now so I'm thinking in about 15 or 20 years it's definately something I'd do. Like everyone else I can't wait to see the pictures :) Hope you're pleased with the results x x x
Post a Comment