Monday, April 6, 2009

Swap Goodies

International Swapping - such fun!!!

This morning I recieved a parcel that I had eagerly anticipated - my swap parcel from Rani Faye in the US. I grabbed it off poor postie and ripped it open!! I saw two beautifully bubbly parcels very carefully wrapped and a lovely little pink envelope with a lovely card from Rani thanking me for doing the swap - what a lovely little touch!!
Now on to the goodies. I got some nyx, wet n wild, presitge and L.A. colours palette!! I was so excited!! I got two NYX Jumbo eyeshadow pencils in Milk and Black bean. These are brilliant as I love these babies, perfect for a quick stroke of base on the eye!! I also got 2 NYX lipsticks in Tea rose and harmonica (love this its like barrym 101), I also got 2 NYX lipglosses in 159 smokey look a gorgeous corally peach colour and 129 beige a beautiful matt pink colour! I also got a blusher from NYX called Terracotta, and not at all like the name would suggest, it goes on like a peachy colour that leaves a beautiful glow on the skin! Loving NYX!!!
I also got a Wetnwild eyeshadow palette called Ultimate Expression in 397 Paradise cove. I have never tried this brand before so look forward to checking out the pigmenataion. The colours in the palette are gorgeous, there are 2 all over crease colours, 2 highlight colours and 4 contour colours. They are all peachy, plumy muted colours - right up my street - thanks Rani!!

Finally I go a prestige lipstick in Glitz and I love how this lipstick looks so think this will be perfect. I also got a small palette of 5 lovely colours from L.A. colours - I look forward to experimenting with this too.
For anyone that has yet to try out this swapping idea, I would advise you to go ahead! I have had 2 very positive experiences and have also come away with 2 new makeup buddies!!

9 comments:

Laura said...

Lovely goodies :) x x x

Can't wait to see a look ;)

Unknown said...

The colour looks so pretty! That idea of swap is really good!
Enjoy them! And post the looks you create with those lovely goodies :)

mizzworthy said...

Love the idea of these trans atlantic swaps... These look like some great goodies! xxx

Anonymous said...

yay! i'm so glad you like everything =) i look forward to seeing some looks w/ the new goodies. i need to post the goodie bag you sent me on my blog as well.

hope we can do this again soon!

xoxo

Dye-A-Graham said...

Very cool! That's why "Swapping is the New Shopping"..hahaha..sound familiar??

Kelly said...

Some great goodies there!! would like to international swap too!!:)

Krystallia said...

Looks so great,i am glad for you!!Its always so nice to receive make up!!

Just Jules said...

Come visit my blog before the end of the weekend so I can throw an extra chance in the drawing for you.

Shortiee31 said...

Interested to hear what you think of the LA Colours palette because I didn't like mine! IMO, too chalky and way too much fall out.. Hope this isn't the case with yours! :) x