Now over the last few months I have built up quite a nice little collection of foundations thanks to all you lovely bloggers, youtubers and twits!!! Since my return to work I have tried a different foundation every day and I am still not happy at all :( The problem is this in the morning it looks like I have loads and loads of makeup on and that it is just sitting on my face - this even happens with my prescriptives mineral foundation! By the time I am finished work by 3pm there is virtually no foundation left on my face or it is very patchy!
I have tried a number of different things, applying less liquid foundation and setting with msf natural, applying a primer, applying a tinted moisturiser with a layer of mineral powder on top! I am still totally unhappy with how my makeup looks! I feel so frustrated as you would think with all the products I have and all the time I spend "studying makeup" on here and youtube that I would look better than this!Today beat all! I applied clarins fake tan this am followed by my estee lauder tinted moisturiser followed by a dust of powder and blush!!! I really thought this was the way to go. Holy cow, was I wrong, by the time I got home I was like a horrible orangey pinky mess!!
I really want to even out my skintone and cover most of my awful freckles but my skin is in good enough condition at the mo so I do think a tinted moisturiser is the way to go as I want my makeup to look natural at school and not to made up as I have been looking!Please help, throw me out some other options or combinations that work for you I'm at a loss!!

7 comments:
hey av, you could try using eyeko beauty cream...check out my last post. Its worked wonders for me. I apply mine at 7am and when i get home at gone 6pm its still pefect xxx
Try a oil free creme before foundation, and try not put many things before the foundation :|
just give a try :)
let me know if worked!!!!
I have the same problem, no matter what I try it all slides of my face, drives me mad. The only thing that stays put for me is something I've been reaching for again and it works, Estee Lauder's Maximum Cover, Lightweight concealer/foundation. it's ind strength and has amazing staying power!x
hi. i use everyday minerals and it's wonderful. seriously the best foundation i have ever tried. i use the "pink me up" concealer as a primer and my makeup stays in place all day! please try it out, you'll be so happy. =)
I have the same problem...the search for the HG foundation continues I guess! x x x
If you are wearing liquid foundation and then podwer..try a spritz of MAC fix plus after..it set's everything and makes it look natural. Also try putting on your foundation with a moist make-up wedge..it sheers it out and it still looks flawless. Hope this helps!
Thanks for all the great advice. Today I returned to a long lost friend my Mac studio fix foundation as recommended by Gabriela. I let my moisturiser really sink in before applying a small amount (normally I apply too much) with my fingers and buffing it in with a brush. It really did last very well and I am happy - for now!!
@Laura, yes the hunt will continue.
@Dye-A-Graham, will try applying with a damp sponge tomm & the fix + , thanks for the tip x
Post a Comment