Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New glasses - help needed!

I was correcting exam papers for my sisters company to earn a little extra cash!! I got paid yesterday and I am torn!! Do I put the money away to pay towards our Summer Holiday or do I spend half and save half...... Think I am already answering my own question!!


I really want a new pair of frames! I wear glasses everyday all day! You would not wear the same coat every day or the same jumper everyday so why should I have to wear the same glasses everyday! These are on your face, its not like people can't see them!! I have narrowed down my search. I have tried on both of these and really like them (getting both is not an option!!). The thicker frames make more of a statement and are a total contrast to my current pair.

These are my current glasses by D&G - not very subtle, but I like em!!

The ones on top have a beautiful pearl finish along the sides and are really nice on too. I sourced a website that sells these at great prices compared to what my local opticians are charging.
To give you an example the one on the top is 270euro and I can get it online with my prescription for £173 and the ones on the bottom are only £126!!!


So the lesson is, we are being ripped off so shop around!
All opinions are welcome please!!

11 comments:

Kirsten Read said...

Ah difficult one but i think i like top ones the best, nice and sophisticated x

Anonymous said...

Oh I like the bottom best, but I'm such a tortoiseshell fan, both great choices tho :) xxx

mizzworthy said...

I love the bottom ones - they look like they would really suit your face and are a bit more different to your current ones! xx

Unknown said...

I think the top ones are better for summer, then you buy the others for winter :)

Steph said...

I agree, the bottom ones win for me. Love the ones you already have - they look great!just the right balance between elegant and modern!xxx

LottieE said...

hey hun, good to see you "back"! You really suit glasses :) Both choices are gorge but I prefer the bottom ones xxx

Shortiee31 said...

I think the bottom ones :) x

LoveLipstickandLime said...

You look great in glasses! I prefer the bottom pair and from what I can tell your current pair of glasses are light colour frames as well, yes? Go for the darker and less expensive pair, in my opinion. Good luck in deciding
xxNadia

Anonymous said...

I think the bottom ones Av.

I have a pair of light framed like your D&G ones and a pair of dark framed ones and i'm so glad I got two completely different pairs x

The Beauty Slice UK Beauty Blog said...

love the bottom ones! x

Carlito86 said...

I like the ones second from bottom..I know you've chosen some now but these are really nice, I have some Dior ones at the moment and really need a new pair but I cant find any I like. I hope I can find the ones u posted near me, they'd be fab!