So day one back at work was really not as bad as I expected in fact it wasn't bad at all! My colleages were all really welcoming and all made a point of stopping for a quick chat. My headmaster also gave me a great welcome in our morning meeting. It took all of 10 minutes to feel as if I had never been away - just as I'd expected!! In fact part of me felt good to be talking to people on a professional level again and about things that I enjoy and have experience of.
Now as for leaving my little fella, it was as if he sensed there was something in the air this morning!! He woke early and wouldn't settle back to sleep. He wouldn't let me out his sight when I was getting ready around the bedroom (as Daddy tried to wrestle him back to sleep!!!). When it came to handover time he also was very clingy and actually made squinty eyes (his new trick to show hes not happy - cute but bold!) at my Mum for the first time ever! (Secretl y I was quite pleased he didn't jump out of my arms and wave bye bye!!) I did feel a little teary and just had a sinking feeling like "is this my life now, rushing in the morning and dumping my baby on someone else???" Im sure these feelings of guilt will pass and it will get easier with each passing day!
I am completely exhausted though in fact we both are tucked up in bed! We had an early start - Mr. Man woke up at 6.30am and we were all up and raring to go!!! So hopefully we won't rise quite so early think 7.30 will do it from now on!
Thank you all for your lovely comments it means a lot xxx
p.s. Onto makeup related things - today I wore Chanel Pro lumiere with a little mac msf natural in medium and by home time it was almost non existant. So my search for the perfect combo for work begins! Tomorrow I will use a prime (Mac prep+prime), with prescriptives flawless finish - to see if that lasts a bit longer!! Will keep you posted!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Not so bad after all!
Posted by Av at 1:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Glad it went ok today honey, I thought you would settle right back in :) x x x
Glad your first day went well, I'm sure it will get easier for you hun.
X
aww, glad it went good today!
your wee one knows, the routine drastically changed! something is up. It is scary how perceptive they are!
Glad it went ok! Was thinking of you all day xxx
Yay - glad your first day back went okay! Will get easier I am sure once a routine gets stuck in :)
Hey check this site out!
Soft cosmetic color lens at www.colorvuelens.com
Thanks again for all your lovely comments, it means a lot x
Post a Comment