Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Duty Free buys


While on holidays in the Canary Islands I could not resist the lure of the perfume shops all screaming "Duty Free" at me so I did make a couple of purchases. Even though I could have done a lot more damage I managed to restrain myself. I decided to buy things that I was dying to try but kind of bedgrudged paying the high prices at home for. In these shops they always give you a generous discount at the till. I ended up going for Diorshow Iconic mascara in black. Dior Forever foundation in number 32, and a Chanel powder - poudre Douche in Peche Tendre.


I have been using this mascara now for about 5 days and the results are amazing. I find that my lashes have that look of false lashes without all the fiddly hassle of lashes! My lashes are thick long and separated - perfect mascara except one little downside is that it is virtually impossible to get it all off. I find after using it for a few days that the mascara has built up on my lashes. I use the body shop camomile eye make remover and this normally removes all my eye makeup in one easy step. This mascara is harder to remove and I do end up tugging and rubbing at my eyes to get it all off and even still there is nearly always still some left on my eyes in the morning!

I saw this powder being used by Pixiwoo in one of her vids and I am such a sucker if she said smear mud on your face it will look good - I probably would!!! I do love Chanel packaging though and this compact comes in a cute little velvet pouch with a small brush in its own pouch! I have only used it once so I cant give an accurate review but I will review it in a post once I have shown it a little love!


I have heard and read amazing reviews of this foundation both on you tube and blogger. As I am always striving to find the perfect foundation for my skin I really wanted to try this out! I have not used it at all yet as I am currently only using a tinted moisturiser as part of my summer makeup routine, I will probably leave it towards the end of the summer to use it as I know that it is quick a thick formula that provide a good all over cover and at the minute I want my natural tan/freckles to show through, so this baby is on standby til the Autumn. Watch out for a review then.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Great purchases! I have my eye on that foundation but duty free is the only reason I will buy it. Did you get these at the duty free shops at your resort or in the airport? x

Jen said...

You'll love the foundation!! I did a review on it the other week when I got it, its amazing!! It does give good coverage though so probably a good idea to leave it until the autumn!! x x

Av said...

@Kerry1487 I got them at shops in Lanzarote they are much cheaper than airport and you get an extra discount at the til!!