For the past week I have had no phone! Now if I heard someone telling this sorry tale, I would be muttering Dumbass under my breath at them! But the dumbass is me!!! My iphone fell down the toilet last Friday night and I have been in a state of total mourning since!
You see I am not a techie person, I leave all that technical stuff and gadgets to my other half - he is subscribed to "Cranky Geeks" he is a total gadget man!! Me, I prefer the simplier things in life and resisted an iphone for a long time. Finding myself without a phone and without an ipod seemed like the ideal time to bite the bullet and invest in an iphone, I wasn't entirely convinced I needed or even wanted it - how wrong could I be!
Quite frankly it was love at first sight! I love this little baby and grew so attached to it. That I could not believe my total and utter stupidity at letting it fall down the toilet. I had it in my cardigan pocket and as if in slow motion I saw it slide down the slippery slope and splashed. The picture flickered and as I fished it out I hoped for the best, but it wasn't to be!! I'm not ashamed to admit I shed a little tear - both at the loss of the only little gadget I ever truly loved and in sheer frustration at my own stupidity.
So for the past week it has been kept in a bag of rice, dried out with the hair dryer, sat on a radiator and plugged in all in a vain effort to heat it up and dry it out! I have done my research online and it does happen to lots of people (this doesn't make me feel better, just that their are other stupid people out therE). I ventured mid-week into O2 to see what they could do and the answer was a big fat and rude NOTHING! I have no insurance was no where near an upgrade so basically it was tough!!
As a last ditch attempt I rang Apple! I really was clutching at straws at this stage! However, low and behold the good people at apple came riding in on a white horse to lift me out of my utter depression and to whisk me away to happily ever after! For a fixed fee they are winging a courier my way with a little box, in which I will place my iphone and within 5-10 working days I will have a replacement phone! God bless you Apple - probably the best customer service in the world ever!
So thanks to my darling hubby (who can sympathise with my loss) and is funding my replacement iphone. He also never once got annoyed or said "you stupid...." he could see my despair and didn't gloat or make me feel worse in fact he did all he could to rescue the stupid thing!!
I hereby promise that I will guard this iphone with my life and I will never ever ever bring it within 20 feet of a toilet!!! Let this be a lesson to you all - never ever tweet & tinkle!!!
Sunday, August 30, 2009
I'm in mourning :(
Posted by Av at 1:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
it sounds silly but being without a phone is awful! i feel so cut off from the world!! cute story xxx
My friend did the same thing but it wasn't with an iphone, it was with an LG chocolate which she'd borrowed off her mum after loosing her LG prada phone. Hers didn't fix either. Ah you don't know how much i want an iphone :)
Good luck with the new one :)
xx
Glad you're getting a replacement phone. It's torture without them.
P.S. Has your prize arrived from my blog giveaway?
P.P.S. Changed my blog address to beautytalkwithhayley.blogspot.com -come and join me over there.
Hay.xx
Oh god - I'd be gutted too! I really can't wait til my upgrade is due and I can get an iphone...
that sucks! i can't even imagine getting on without my phone. :)
Hi Av :)
I noticed in your posts that you mentioned being a teacher & I am hoping to be one too! I'm going into my second year at college studying Childcare & am going to go to Uni & study a 4 year Primary Education Degree (5-11years) with BA Honours & QTS
I was just wondering what you studied before becoming a teacher & how you got into teacher after your degree.
It seems to be a pretty grey area on the net, I can't seem to find any definate information!
Really hope you don't mind me asking hope to hear back soon x x
i dropped my phone down the toilet this year :( it broke my heart
lol i love your blog! "never tweet and twinkle!" hahahah youre the cutest! xoxo
Dana
I managed to drop my old phone in a pint of beer :( I feel for you, I really do
i have never had a cell phone.. i know it is hard to believe but i just never saw a reason personally for me to have one , it would be nice when i am stranded on the high way or something, all my kids and friends have them but i jsut dont , i guess i am just old fashioned as i would rather have a hand written letter as to a email ,
havea pink rainbow day
georgia from ohio
Post a Comment