Friday, October 30, 2009

Magazine launch




Last night I attended the launch of a new magazine called Essential! It is actually a free glossy magazine that is to be distributed in my neighbouring town of Drogheda. It really is a womans magazine with beauty tips, fashion as well as a who's who out on the town! There is one or two token mens articles but it is geared more for the female audience. I can see why as the majority of money spent on magazines is by women!

For a free magazine it is a suprisingly good read - issue 1 and so far I'm impressed.

My hubby is a printer and it is the company he works for that has started up the editing, printing and distribution of this mag. I think that in this economic climate it was a really brave move to be taking on with a new venture like this but I do think they are on to a winner!

At the opening last night we were snapped by the photographer, so who knows maybe we'll grace the 2nd issue!! The launch was a great success held in a lovely modern hotel in Drogheda, the wine flowed, the nibbles were delish and the band rocked the joint!!

The only problem is that hangovers and toddlers don't mix! I was never so glad for naptime to roll around when me and Mr man had a sneaky hour cuddled up together in bed!!!

0 comments: