Sunday, August 2, 2009

Conical Wand

My conical wand which I bought from http://www.lookfantastic.com/ arrived on Monday and I couldn't wait to try it out! Unfortunately I fell ill and have been feeling lousy for the last few days so today was my first chance to try it out.

I took this before shot of my hair, it is not poker straight it does have a kink to it but I also had it tied up all day so it is more kinky than usual!!!

I am still trying to get the hang of the conical wand and did burn myself a couple of times despite wearing the Michael Jacksonesque gloves that came with it! I found the back of my hair quite tricky, but I suppose for a first attempt its not too bad! I do love the effect it gives - kind of like beachy waves rather than a full on curl! I will keep practising until I master my conical wand!


14 comments:

Daisy said...

Your hair looks fab! I adore my conical wand- I can't believe how quick it takes to create a whole head of waves!

tackyblueeyeshadow said...

Looks great! I have one too and I could not live without it now! :)

Sara (The Makeup Snob.com) said...

ohh i love the way it made your hair look! I want one too!!

Sara www.themakeupsnob.com

The Beauty Slice UK Beauty Blog said...

your hair looks lovely! i am always amazed with mine! x

Unknown said...

Oh your hair looks lovely with waves/light curls in! Really suits you!

Unknown said...

must.not.buy.one.
must.not.buy.one.
arghhh...this looks fab. I am going to have to tie my hands up to stop me ordering one! My brother bought me a curling tong thing for christmas but I cannot get the hang of it...this looks easier.

*ties hands together and shuts down laptop* x

Kirsten Read said...

cute curls - i really think i shld get a conical xx

Av said...

I think everyone should own a conical!!!!

Unknown said...

Your hair looks great! Very natural.

Holly said...

Looks gorgeous Av!xx

Liparazzi said...

I love my conical wand. I always find the easiest way to do the back of my hair is to section it down the back and lay each side down each shoulder (if that makes sense!?), that way you can just curl it the same as you would the sides of your hair

Soraya said...

Ive had my eye on this for ages. I need to order one, in pink of course! xx

maryj0lisa said...

love it! I got mine lat week, but it has since burnt my ear. so im not using it until that heals over

Unknown said...

Hi
Thanks so much for following.
I love that wavy hair - wish mine would do that!xx