For a good while my skin and I were getting along well we had a nice little realationship going on - I look after you and you look after me! However, in the past 2 or 3 weeks my skin has started to rebel.
My main problems are that my t-zone is very congested and has a lot of blackheads, I also have some scarring in my chin area from spots that I have picked and won't leave alone (I know cardinal sin but at least I can admit I do it - who doesn't love a good pick!!) On top of all this I can also be a bit lazy at the end of a long day and want a quick fix so normally rely on the good ol wipes to wipe away the grime of the day and crawl into bed.
I have decided to take my skin in hand and do something about it. I have made enquiries into getting a course of glycolic peels or microdermabrasion in the hope of getting rid of the dreaded blackheads once and for all, but 2 things put me off - the cost involved and the fear of having a complete breakout during the treatment!
So in the meantime I am just upping my skincare regime to see what I can do about it myself. I saw a great video The product that changed my skin by the lovely dazzledust25 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Bw72tmeHM about her miracle glycolic cleanser and am hoping to pick this up on sunday. In the meantime I am using my neutrogina 2 in 1 face wash to cleanse my face every night. Then I apply Clarins face treatment oil just before bed. This oil is gorgeous, the smell alone reminds me of having a facial and I wake up with super soft skin. I read somewhere that you should treat oily skin with oil and despite what you may think I think its true!! 
My skin is beginning to improve but I am aware that I still need to tackle the issue of the texture and scarring and blackheads!! Hopefully the Profound skincare Advanced performance glycolic cleanser will be the answer to all my prayers!!
Friday, October 30, 2009
New Skincare regime
Posted by Av at 3:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment