Wednesday, April 7, 2010

And one more makes four!!!


I had totally abandoned blogging for a long long time and now that I have decided to return to it I don't know why I left it for so long as I really do enjoy it. If I'm being completely honest my main reason for stopping blogging was I felt I couldn't compete with all the really cute backgrounds and top class photos on other blogs and at the time everyone was moving to wordpress and with my very limited IT skills I simply felt I couldn't compete!! Another main factor was just that real-life took over and I could not find the time to blog!

Anyhow, I have never actually gone away I still check in almost daily and see what other people are blogging about and how my favourite bloggers are getting on!!

As anyone that follows me on twitter will know I am pregnant again with my 2nd baby. I am 24 weeks pregnant and am due at the end of July. I think it will be nice to mark some of my pregnancy journey in this blog but we will see how it goes!

So far I have been very lucky and everything has gone very smoothly. I was sick from about week 5 to 10 and that was a total shock as I had no sickness whatsoever with my son. Since Christmas though I have been fine. i do find that this time around I am a lot bigger and I got bigger much more quickly too, probably just because my stomach muscles never recovered after last time! I will post some pics but will have to get a volunteer to take them!



Have had 3 scans so far and it really is lovely to see the baby getting bigger as the weeks go by! We are not going to find out what sex the baby is, as we didn't the last time. The suspense is nearly killing me and part of me would love to know but the way I see it is, there are so few genuine suprises in life why not wait and see, also it will keep me going through those last few weeks, days and hours waiting to meet my little man or girl!! Last time around we both had a strong sense all through the pregnancy that it was a boy and indeed it was, this time I have no strong sense either way. I would love to have a little girl but I would also love my son to have a little brother, so regardless the old cliche stands " so long as its healthy it doens't matter" and you know when you meet your little baby for the first time - it really doesn't matter.

My son will be 2 next month. We thought long and hard about the time frame and what gap to leave between him and the next baby but in the end my hormones took over and I got soooo unbelievably broody we decided to just go for it! Its amazing because having our first baby was such a huge decison for us, we were trying to fit in as many holidays and nights out as possible before we settled down to family life but now our little man has brought us so much joy we could never have imagined, we thought why not do it all over again!!



The man himself chewing on a necklace!!! -Don't ask!!!

Don't get me wrong there are days when I'm tired and cranky and hormonal and think why didn't we leave it a bit longer. I also feel really sorry for my son as he is still only a baby himself and our world revolves around him - he won't know what hit him! But then I think an only child is a lonely child and siblings are all part of growing up!!

Talk about coming back with a bang - I didn't mean to ramble on so much!! I do plan on updating my blog more often. I will be back on the beauty/fashion end as well as I miss it but I will also be filling you in on the trials and tribulations of pregnancy and toddlerdom (is that even a word!!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

congradulations wishes for a healthy happy baby to you
have a pink rainbow day
georgia from ohio

keepingfaithx said...

Congratulations!! :)