Monday, June 29, 2009

Ugg Boot Party

On Saturday night I went to a friend's apartment where she hosted an ugg boot party. She organised an ugg boot supplier to come and display her wares and you could try them on and then order what you wanted. The best part is that the boots and sandals were all half the price of what you pay in the shops! (& yes they are genuine and no they didn't fall off the back of a lorry!!)



Now anyone that followed my blog back in January when I was going to NY will know that my hubby told me I was too old for uggs and that I was not to buy a pair in the states!! Well in an act of defiance I did make a purchase on sat night, think the copious amount of wine may also of had something to do with it!!!



I opted for a pair of cardigan boots (knitted), I went for the cream colour as I fell instantly in love with them. They are totally impractical as I am the messiest person ever but I love white and cream and I will do my best to keep them clean!!! She also had some gorgeous ugg sandals and espidrilles but I limited myself to the boots! Just hope I wear them and that I don't chicken out for fear of looking stupid!



Here's a pic of them. I haven't actually gotten my own pair yet as delivery is 2 weeks so I will take a pic of them on me when they arrive!!

The party was great fun & something different and I have arranged for the girl to come down to my workplace in September/October to do her thang at lunchtime. (The host gets a further 10% discount).

4 comments:

Pretty in Pink said...

I have a pair of those Ugg Cardy's but in gray. They actually stay pretty clean! They are super comfortable. I wouldn't wear them in the rain or snow, but they are perfect for fall and spring!

Carlito86 said...

No way! I don't think you look too old for Uggs at all! They are too comfy for an age range! x

violet said...

those are so cute!! congratulations and i am SO jealous! and you can NEVER be too old for uggs! i always get made fun of for wearing mine almost everyday in the winter, but what can i say .. they're adorable. =/ great pickup, hun!

Unknown said...

I have those in grey.
LOVE them so much, I'm older then you, and before live in England i hated UGG, but now I'm a huge fan, confy and warm, everything I need for winter :)xx
I need one of those UGG PARTY, how can I find one near me? Any idea?